Saturday, August 11, 2012

One Year Gone By

My little baby Elsa turned 1 year old on Aug 8. This is always such a bittersweet time for me as the Mama. I relish her accomplishments and developments, the new sounds she makes, her eagerness to stand and practice her walking, threatening to take her first steps any day now, the increasing interaction with her environment and the people around her. It is just awesome watching her grow.

And yet...

It is also a bit heartbreaking. Because each day that passes she is less of a baby.

And I already miss her baby-ness.

Oh my sweet dear Elsa, I loved you from the moment I saw that faint second line on the pregnancy test. You were a sweet surprise and you continue to delight me every day. Happy 1st birthday my little one. I love you and am so excited to get to know you as you keep growing and turning into the beautiful girl you are. Just please, promise me you won't grow up too fast. My heart just can't take it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!