Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Changes in my life...

Phew...I feel like I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Over the last couple of months our life has been so busy with travel, school, major changes...all good stuff. So, to recap we went on our wonderful vacation to Mexico from May 6-13. I plan to have a separate post about this as there is so much to tell! Then when we got back I had to prepare my thesis proposal defence (basically the process to get my thesis study started), which really took all the energy left over after doing my mommy things. It was a draining couple of weeks, but today I finally presented to my committee and my project was approved! Hooray! This means that I can finally move on to the next step and actually start my data collection. I am very excited to get closer to completing my Masters! I also went back to work on Monday...I am feeling bittersweet about this. The good thing is that I am only working part time. I don't think I could return full time...I love being at home. And the other thing that is making my return to work a bit easier is the fact that my mom will be looking after Maddie. Ken is off until July 1, so until then he is on duty the days I work!

But the most exciting news of all is that Maddie is now one year old!!! I don't know how it happened, time went by way too fast! But she did. Along with turning one she has changed so much! She started crawling the day before we left for our vacation! Over the last couple weeks she has started cruising non-stop! She loves to travel from the coffee table to the couch, to the media centre, to the bookshelf! It's adorable! She also loves to hold onto our hands and have us walk her around. It's amazing to see the changes in her. Today was also the day she went all day without nursing. She had one session in the morning, but then nothing until the evening. She has a cold, so I think she couldn't latch because of her stuffy nose. But it made me realize that one day, perhaps soon, she may want to wean. It made me sad to think about it, but I guess when the time comes I know I have been very blessed to have nursed her as long as I have.

Well, I must be off. I work again tomorrow and after everything that has been going on I finally have an evening to not do anything! I am going to be bad and watch TV and be lazy! Heck, I deserve it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear from you!

    Wow, one year old already! Time does fly!! Happy belated birthday Maddie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!