Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Breastfeeding on TV

I was touring YouTube this morning and saw two great commercials:

Pro Nursing in Public

Get Ahead in Life

Got me thinking as to why there aren't similar commercials here in Canada....

Also, have you ever wondered why breastfeeding is hardly ever mentioned on TV shows? In movies?

In my musings as a student I have come across breastfeeding statistics and it's pretty sad to see that breastfeeding mothers are not the majority. I hope this is a trend in the midst of changing. In my opinion, pro-breastfeeding groups should be looking for more appealing ways to bring a rise in breastfeeding interest. Maybe we could learn a thing or two from our friends Down-Under.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why BF became the unusual choice, but I think that it is becoming more and more mainstream. 25 years ago only dirty hippies BF; now more and more people do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!