Sunday, January 31, 2010

Safe and sound (but not very sane)...

Phew. We made it. But we lost our minds a little on the way. Isaac didn't sleep very well, so we didn't either. Finally at 3am I decided it was pointless to try to sleep so I got up and finished up the last few things. Then we got the kids ready to go and were on the road at 4:30am. Yuck.



Anyways, we made it to the airport on time (amazing for us!) and were checked-in and ready to go right away. The flight to Montreal went smoothly. I got a little cat-nap and Isaac did too. Maddie did not. When we arrived in Montreal we got to go through the "family" line-up and got to skip the huge line-up to go through customs. I had a "Kat-ism" while the customs guy was asking us questions. It went something like this:

Me (to a cranky Maddie):  "Maddie, just be quiet for a minute, we'll be done in a minute and then you can have a snack."

Customs guy: "Umm speaking of snacks, do you have any food with you?"

Me: Yeah, we have cookies, cheese sticks, milk and freeze dried bananas."

Customs guy: "Well, next time make sure you check-off you have food on the customs form".

Me:  "Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood the question. I thought it applied to fresh food." I really did, plus I wasn't really thinking with having only 3 hours of sleep. Ooops. Guess I got lucky that time!

After customs we only had to wait a little while to board again. The next plane was smaller and it was a longer trip. Isaac was pretty cranky and cried for a while and didn't sleep too well. We dicovered that he is cutting 2 teeth, and possibly a third. That explains a lot. I hope they come through quickly so we can all get some relief! He did manage to have 2 little naps, "little" being the key word. Maddie also managed to have a little nap laying her little head on my lap (too cute!). I'm sure everyone on the plane shared our relief when we touched down!

We didn't have to wait too long for our baggage and then we got a minivan taxi to fit everything and everyone in. I was very pleased with how efficient and friendly everyone has been so far.

Our apartment is beautiful and cozy. We are already having a great time! Can't wait to start exploring the surrounding area in the days to come.

The only downside of the day was that Isaac's carseat was damaged en route. The handle of his infant carseat doesn't lock anymore. Well, I guess Air Canada will be getting a call from me soon.

Well, I am off to get these kids to bed. We are 2 hours ahead and they are tired from being up so early. I hope they sleep well tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are getting some much needed sleep and enjoying yourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!