Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What foods to buy Organic...

Waiting for me in my inbox this morning was an email from EWG. Their new 2010 "Shopper's Guide to Pesticides" is out. There are a few changes from their previous list. But the worst offenders are still ranking up there. A new offender has made the list: Blueberries, ranking at #5. For me this news is disappointing, although not surprising. My kiddos love blueberries and we eat them almost on a daily basis. Thankfully, we had been buying organic blueberries. And as a matter of fact, a while back I had emailed one of the blueberry farms to inquire about their pesticide use and of course never heard back. Well to be precise, I heard back from the customer service rep assuring me she would pass along my question to quality control and that I would hear from them at some point. That never happened. I'm sure they thought I was some reporter undercover, presenting myself as a concerned mother. Oh well, now I know for sure what my gut was telling me. So go check to see what the new "Dirty Dozen" and "Clean 15" are! There is also a video of an interview with Dr. Weil. It's only 3 minutes long but full of info!

I am so happy to be signed up with Home Grown Organic Foods! Getting our weekly box is awesome and I don't have to worry about whether or not the produce is safe. If you've been wondering about what a weekly food delivery of organic fruits and veggies is like, wonder no more. It's awesome and not as expensive as you might think it is! We pay $30 bucks and the stuff lasts us all week. The peace of mind that we are eating as healthy and safely as possible is well worth the price! If you are in the HRM, check out their website for more info. If you live elsewhere, do a search for "local farm co-ops" and/or "organic food box delivery" programs. Trust me you will find something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!