Sunday, October 2, 2011

Just Doing It {Part 2}

Last night I had to sign off {because of a fussy Elsa} before I finished venting about not having enough time to blog. But I need to come back and say a few more things...

I should have finished the post by saying that I am doing all of this and actually enjoying it. I can't say enough how much I love being a mom. If the decision was left up to me, I would have ten kiddos. Yes, they do test my patience daily, many, many times. Yes, they keep me up at night. Yes, I have to constantly repeat myself. And yes, I have a newborn that wants to be held all. the. time. But I love them so much and I wouldn't trade my life for anything {though I have to admit there are moments when I wish to be somewhere quiet and serene, just for an hour!}. Also, I should clarify that it's not like I don't have any time at all to do anything. It's just that I have chosen to use the little free time I do have to do other {very necessary} things other than blogging. I am spending time with my hubby. We fold laundry and watch a show or just chat in the evenings. I have started working out, and I love it and I don't feel guilty about not doing chores or holding Elsa. She can be in the arms of someone else that loves her for half an hour. I am coaching clients. And I am sleeping whenever I can!!! Plus, can't forget that I now have a kiddo in school and it takes time to take her there, pick her up, plan and pack snacks and lunches.

The picture of my life now is different than a couple of months ago. But it's a good kind of different, the kind that feels refreshingly surprising and exciting. Who knew the life of baby spit-up and diaper changes and ABC's and 123's could be so fun!

So while I may not get on here to blog as often as I'd like, I am still loving {almost} every moment and I am certainly going to write about important, need-to-remember kinds of things because these days of kiddo-land don't last forever...

1 comment:

  1. HI Kat. I've been thinking of you.
    When my 3rd babe was born, I remember hearing from mothers of just one "I don't know how you do it." and I remember thinking the same thing about other mothers when I was a mother of just one!

    But the truth is just what you said: You just do it! It's not about achieving perfection--it's just about doing our mothering all day, and sneaking in moments of mindfulness or solitude if we can. It's about not wanting life to be any different from what it is.

    Yes, you are right: these days sure don't last forever.

    Much love to you and yours! (And I hope to see more pictures of your beautiful Elsa soon.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!