Friday, March 16, 2012

The Flu

I'm alive! But man, this last week I have been to hell and back. On Sunday I began having muscle and body aches and I knew it was over. Maddie had been sick the few days before the weekend, so it was inevitable. I spiked a fever and felt like the living dead. Isaac got sick too. Ken is the only one left standing {and well, Elsa is OK so far, but I suspect she will succumb soon}.

I put everything on hold, pretty much because I had to, and just focused on breastfeeding and trying to keep myself hydrated and somewhat fed.

Thanks to Ken and my mom I had a lot of help so I could sleep. Finally yesterday morning, my fever broke and I felt like {a wee bit weak version of} myself!

Now, to catch up on all the work and reading and writing and laundry and cooking and cleaning...just because I stopped didn't mean everything else would too...sigh

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you were sick! But glad you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I know exactly how that feels... and it sucks big time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!