Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bicycle!

Miss Maddie has taken off on two wheels!

I didn't expect to feel so happy and giddy as I saw her pedaling away, but I did. It was like I was living the pleasure and excitement of the accomplishment all over again.

And oh, the look on her face...priceless. She is so proud of herself, so happy. I will never forget that sweet face.

{When I find the cable to download the pics off my phone, I will share!}.

On a {somewhat} sidenote: push bikes are awesome! Last summer she pushed herself around and got the hang of balancing on two wheels. When we cracked out the bike this season, she asked for the pedals to be put on and it took all of 5 minutes for her to shake off the nerves and get the hang of pedaling and balancing. And our backs were saved because we didn't have to do the classic hold-the-bike-while-they-learn rigmarole. She likes me to watch from the sidelines and cheer her on!

She is now living and breathing bike riding--she's even doing fancy loops and turns and going uphill!

Guess what I'll be doing most of the afternoon?! Hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!