Sunday, June 17, 2012

To My Hubby

I have a keeper. My husband is amazing. Of course I'm biased, but that's OK!

Seeing my hubby with our children, just makes me fall in love with him even more.

All the things he does with them, for them and because of them really exemplify the amazing Father that he is.

This past year he has been studying for the biggest exam of his career. Colleagues before him have had their lives turned upside down because of the studying and focusing solely on studying.

I was nervous about how this past year was going to play out for us after having heard so many horror stories from other wives.

But in the end, my hubby's amazing-ness shined through.

Yes, he did study. Yes, he was busy and we didn't get to see him all the time.

But he did not let his fatherly responsibilities go. He did not take a break from being a Father.

Somehow he managed to squeeze yet another task into his already full life...all without compromising his relationship with his kiddos and with me.

He would come home for supper, he helped with bed and bath, he read stories, he was there for all the important stuff. Even though the time he spent with us and the kiddos was short, it was not lacking in presence or quality.

This past week he had to fly to Ottawa to write the exam and was gone for 5 1/2 days. It was hard for us, we missed him, but in the end it wasn't that long and it made us realize just how grateful we are to have him in our lives.

And now he's home. And he's done Residency! And our life as a family is about to change a whole lot! {Did I mention we're moving in a week!?!?}.

Happy Father's Day Ken! We love you so much! We are so proud of you and grateful for all you are and do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!