Monday, September 3, 2012

Homeschooling!


We are taking on a new adventure this year!
And I'm sure an adventure it will be.
But I'm excited about it...and it something I have wanted to do for a long time, just that last year it didn't work out and it wasn't the right time.

But this year everyone's on board and most importantly Maddie is excited and committed.

We will be doing a mostly Montessori based curriculum, with a dash of classical education and a sprinkle of unschooling. I find incorporating all these is the ideal way my kiddos learn.

I love that we can come up with a system that works for us...and that it doesn't need to be all or nothing. I can mix and match, blend and mix things up to cater to their learning styles, personalities and interests.

Maddie will also be taking piano lessons. And both of them will be doing swimming and gymnastics, for fun.

Another reason I am excited for homeschool?

No more rushing out the door in the mornings!

There are other reasons too, but mostly I am so thankful and excited that I get to spend the day(s) with my beautiful kiddos, growing and learning together.

And yes, I am sure some days I will wish I was far, far away!

I will just have to be mindful of making sure I get enough recharging time.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. The not rushing out the door bit is appealing indeed. How exciting for the whole family! I look forward to reading along with your adventures - anything you have time to post anyhow. I'm sure you'll be busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! The posts may be spare, but hopefully not! I am sure going to be extra loving your blog this school year :-)

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your new adventure! So exciting for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!