Friday, November 17, 2006

Missing Daddy...

For the past week, it has just been me and Maddie holding the fort! Ken had to go to Calgary for a rotation and will be there for two weeks. We have gotten through the first week, and now just have to wait 8 more days to see him!

In the meantime, Maddie is continuing to grow and change. She is starting to sit longer and longer before she tips over. By the time Ken gets back she'll be sitting on her own! The other day while she was nursing, she discovered my face and couldn't stop staring and reaching out to touch my mouth and nose. It was such an amazing moment! We now play a little game that whenever she touches my mouth I nibble on her fingers and she just giggles away!

There have been great developments in her sleep too. For a few nights in a row she slept for 8-9 hours straight, and only woke up to eat and then went right back to sleep until 8 or 9am. But for the most part, she sleeps about 6-7 hours, which is still wonderful. I am amazed at how she all of a sudden just started sleeping. I really thought that this time would never come, but time brings about wonderful changes.

Lately, I have also started to ponder about the Holidays. I can't believe it will be Christmas soon. When I was pregnant I daydreamed about my baby's first Christmas, and now it's around the corner. I can't wait!

And how am I doing? Well I am better rested, have more energy, and am really loving every second of my life. I am a little stressed about my thesis, because I really haven't had much time to sit and write away, but soon my mom is going to start coming over to watch Maddie for me to give me some hours to work. Ken and I have also needed to start thinking about the next few months and the changes that are coming. He will start residency in July 2007, and we are hoping and praying it will be here. I really hope we don't have to move. Oh well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Well, time for a shower and a snack! The babe is napping so gotta get some things done!

1 comment:

  1. Maddie looks like a little doll!No, really, a doll .. She is so adorable Kat! And Ken's all grown up too ! haha ..
    Take care Roberts
    Love Auntie Essie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!