Sunday, February 4, 2007

SS

It's Superbowl Sunday! Even thought the Colts beat the Patriots out of the chance to go to the superbowl, we are rooting for them. Don't know if I'll make it to watch the whole game, as Maddie has decided to start waking up at 4am. She will go back to sleep until 8am, but it's still time I have to wake up, usually have to pump as she will only eat from one side, and then by the time I get back to bed I've been up for an hour. Oh my. I was so loving her long 9 hour stretches. But today we were talking with Ken's cousin (she has a 2 year old, and just had a little boy!) and she said that around this age they start waking up again, but that it will pass. So I am holding on to that. I guess when we decided to have kids, we signed a contract saying "No longer, at any point during this journey of parenthood will you ever sleep as you did before pregnancy and parenthood. From the frequent wakings of infancy, to the requests for water and potty-time of toddlers, to the worries of adolescence and beyond. Sleep will never be the same again." And yeah, I signed up for all this wholeheartedly, so I am not complaining. I'm just saying, I am tired.

Today was the first day we tried out the travel Grobag.It was great! She was warm and cozy and it wasn't a hassle to get her into to harness. With her coat I always had to take it off, or else the harness wouldn't fit snuggly as it should, but in the meantime she would get cold! So I am liking this new system.

Well I am gonna go spend time with my hubby (who is newly returned from a week long trip out west-and whose journey home is another adventure you can read about on his blog).

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!