Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Match Day!


Today is Match Day! Today has been long awaited...we've been holding our breath and tried not to think about it too much for our own sanity's sake! But yesterday we were pretty nervous and excitable. Today we went to the Reel Babies movie to keep our minds off the 1pm announcement time. When we got home, Ken quickly logged on the CaRMS site and in a split second we had our answer!

We will be staying here, home sweet home! Yay! We are so happy! I really didn't want to move, but of course I would have, even though it would have been hard. But now we don't have to worry about it! So, for the next 5 years we'll be here while Ken becomes and Ophthalmologist! I'm so proud of him. I just can't believe that he's finally going to be done medschool. It seems like the last 4 years have flown by, even though there were times when it sure didn't feel that way.

So, that's that. I'm so relieved the suspence is over. And to celebrate we are taking a vacation in early May! We are going to sunny Mexico, the Mayan Riviera. We love it there and are so excited to be going back! It will be fun to go with Maddie too. I can't wait to play with her on the beach! It feels like I know nothing about travelling with a baby, but I guess I do have 2 months to think about everything we'll need. Luckly, the place we are renting has a crib so that will make everything easier.

Phew...did I mention how happy I am that this waiting is over?

Now, to focus on life again. I am progressing really well with my thesis. I plan to start my research when we get back from out trip. I see myself graduating in the fall...so fingers crossed it all goes as planned!

Well, off to continue the day's celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!