Friday, March 23, 2007

Update on our Cloth Diaper Adventure...

As promised, here is the cloth diaper update...

From the first time I saw the Fuzzi Bunz I knew we were going to love them. I never imagined cloth diapers could be so soft, cute and user-friendly. In my mind I always had envisioned bulky, plastic covered tooshies and having to learn how to fold them perfectly into place.

But as i discovered, this was not always the case!

The first time we (yes, Ken was there too, it was the excitement of using the new diaps, plus he was training!) went to change Maddie our of her FB it felt dry! I was shocked! Did she not pee? She was sick at the time, so I worried she might be dehydrated. But I was informed that's the way they are designed...they whisk away moisture from the fleece that touches their bums and into the liner. Of course when I checked the liner it was soaked! But I was very impressed and finally realized why you don't need to put on a barrier cream. Since then, we have not had any problems adjusting, with washing or with leaks. Maddie loves her new diapers and her skin proves it! She has not had a rash and her skin doesn't look as chaffed as it did with disposables. Those red marks on her legs are no where in sight! At night she goes 12 hours without changing and wakes up with a dry fleece, but a soaked liner! Man, those things really work!

So, all in all, I am so happy I finally made the switch. I wish I had gone with my gut and done it from the start, but I guess it's better late than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!