Wednesday, January 20, 2010

5 stupid things I've done and the one that tops them all

5. Dating some of the guys I did (obviously before I met Ken).

4. Telling the bouncer at the Split Crow to F-off.

3. Stupid things I've done while drunk (ummm...not really going there. I promise they were stupid).

2. Smoking in junior high and high school.

And the top stupid thing I've ever done...

1. Leaving my kids in the car for 4 1/2 minutes in a parking lot in mid-January.

My mom used to leave me and my brother in the car when we were kids while she went into a store or the post office or whatever quick errand she had to do. But that was in the 80's and early 90's, when older kids weren't in booster seats and could sit in the front seat and moms didn't worry as much if their kids went out to play in the neighborhood streets. But in this day and age I don't know...does anyone do this anymore and not get classified as "horrible mom of the decade"??? I know Maddie is an excellent kid and behaves, but now I think back and say, "What the hell was I thinking!?" Sure it was just barely 5 min, but I cringe when I think of all the "what-ifs". I honestly have no idea why I made that decision. I guess it all comes down to the fact that I wasn't thinking. *Banging head against wall...Sigh* Lesson learned.

P.S. Funny, all the stupid things I have done were before I had my kiddos. Sure there have been silly things I've done since (like cleaning the fridge and then forgetting to turn it back on to the cold setting), but nothing super serious... I was thinking more about this and it's totally out of character for me to do something like that. Hmmm...now I'm a tad worried. Could my severe sleep deprivation be affecting me somehow? Or am I just a terrible mother? Or both? Well, the good thing is that my capability to even do something like this has come to my attention, so now I will be hyper-vigilant of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!