Friday, January 15, 2010

Another round? Umm, no thank you...

I guess we have been dealt the sickness cards again. Isaac has had a cough for weeks and weeks. We have seen an Emerg doc and then last week we saw his pediatrician. Both docs said that they can't really do anything right now. As long as he is not having trouble breathing, we were told to wait it out. Well, the last two nights have been pretty awful. He wakes up every hour or two and is just so fussy, you can tell he's feeling yucky. Well last night for the first time ever, he got a fever. During the day he was fussy, but no fever. Then around 4pm he got a fever again. I just feel so bad for my little baby. I feel helpless, I wish there was something I could do to make him get better. I booked an appointment with our Naturopathic Doctor (ND), but couldn't get in until next week. In the meantime I am giving him probiotics and lots of Vitamin D...and of course lots of breastmilk!

On top of being sick, I think he does in fact have some kind of sensitivity to wheat. When he was 2 weeks old, our ND suggested I cut out wheat from my diet as much as possible, to see if it would help with his tummy issues. I think it did help, but lately I have been slack about it and have started eating it here and there. Now that Isaac is eating solids, I gave him a tiny bit of toast on a couple of occasions and almost immediately he got a tiny bit of a rash around his mouth. It's hard to say if it was from the bread, but it sure makes me wonder. Plus, he's got awful eczema that seemed to flare up around the time he started eating solids.

Well, lets hope we have improvements over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!