Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My grandpa

As I am typing this, my grandpa is in surgery for an aortic aneurysm. The doctors said the surgery would take 6-8 hours. It started at about 1am (Pacific Standard Time), so they are about halfway. We are just waiting to hear and we are praying. Of course I pray he survives, but if it's his time to go, as hard and sad as it will be, there is nothing to be done. But I pray that he is not afraid and that he finds peace. And I pray for those left behind...especially my grandma as she will take this the hardest...I am thinking of all the moments I shared with him. I am thinking too, about all the times I didn't call to say hello, all the letters I didn't write to him...us humans, we are suckers for punishment. We always realize what we have until we are faced with the possibility of losing it. Let this be a reminder to be grateful for what we have, now. Spend time with the people you love, now. Enjoy each moment...

We will most likely fly out tomorrow morning, but I am waiting to hear from my mom who left this morning. For now all I can do is send out my love and prayers to all my family and to my dear grandpa...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!