Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Say no to BPA and other yucky stuff...

I am trying to keep myself busy and distracted as the minutes tick by and I hear no news about my grandpa. I am thinking no news is good news though...

Anyways, I am reading up a lot on BPA. Here is a very interesting post on the Environmental Working Group's (EWG) blog about the malicious planning of the big kahunas in the plastic industry to keep BPA in use, mostly in the lining of canned foods. In spite of all the research that shows BPA is very harmful and can cause many health issues, they are planning to use fear tactics and target women and minorities to ensure they can keep using BPA in products. It's pretty sad and pathetic and I hope people read up on this and become more informed so we can, one by one, make a difference. While you are on their blog, spare a few minutes to read up on the other important issues they discuss, it's definitely worth it! You can also sign up for regular email updates here. I get these and always find them helpful. Sometimes it's overwhelming to learn about all the yucky, harmful stuff out there. It feels impossible to get rid of everything harmful. But I think that it's better to know and start making a difference little by little, than to not know and risk exposing yourself and your kiddos to toxins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!