Monday, May 24, 2010

Fourth Birthday!

It seems so bizarre that it's been four years since at 32 weeks and 6 days pregnant I awoke to my water breaking and 12 hours later my daughter was born. That whole experience seems like it was just yesterday, yet, it seems like a dream. Some details of that day are fuzzy, though some stand out like they just happened. I guess that's how it goes when it comes to being a parent. I have truly enjoyed watching Maddie develop and grow these last four years. It has been such a rewarding and amazing experience!

We had her birthday party on May 16. The theme was "The Little Mermaid" and I am so grateful to my mom and dad for helping out and making the cake! It was beautiful. She had so much fun thanks to all our friends and family that made it possible!

Today, her actual birthday, we spent it at home because the kiddos and Ken have hand, foot and mouth disease (ugg just the name sounds awful!), have fevers and don't feel well. We did take Maddie out to get the car washed as she had been asking to go for a while. So at least she got to do one fun thing!

Happy Birthday my sweet little princess! May today be a wonderful day and only a taste of what is yet to come. May you always be blessed and grateful and may you live your life to the fullest! We LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Here are some pictures of her birthday party

Playing in the TreeHouse

The Ariel Cake

Chowing down!

Making a wish

Relishing cutting the cake

A cakey thumbs up!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated 4th birthday Maddie! Looks like a fun party. That cake looks awesome!
    So sorry the kids and hubby were sick.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!