Monday, May 10, 2010

A little out of sorts today...

In another reality, Isaac would have had a longer morning nap so he wouldn't have been cranky in the morning and then been able to stay awake longer and would not have needed to have an early afternoon nap. Then he wouldn't have woken up an hour earlier than he normally does in the afternoon. I would have more time without a cranky baby to cook dinner. Then he wouldn't have to go to bed earlier because he can barely keep his eyes open during supper. Daddy would have had more time to spend with him after he gets home from work... He's a bit out of sorts.

Right here, right now, it is 3:30pm. Instead of waking up at this time, he has been awake for an hour. I need to make supper and he is already clinging to my legs. Ken won't be home until about 5:30pm so Isaac will be on his last leg then. Oh and I am tired. We are not sleeping well again. Getting 3 teeth at once takes its toll on little gums! Plus he is going through something I just can't quite put my finger on it. Developmental spurt? Separation anxiety? Growth spurt? All of the above? Who knows. What I do know is that this too shall pass. One day in the (near...I hope!) future he will start sleeping better and I will too.

For now I will provide snacks and when those are done I will get my Beco, strap him on my back and put the meatloaf together for supper.

Hopefully, hopefully...going to bed earlier will mean he'll sleep better and then tomorrow will be a bit less out of sorts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!