Saturday, June 19, 2010

Clarification

OK, so my hubby read my post on annoying and he said to me, "You are too hard on yourself." Well I tried to explain to him why I felt that way, and maybe I didn't make it clear in my post so I will clear it up now. Like I said before, it's not that I think the word itself is "bad" it's the way it was said (by both myself and Maddie) that bothered me. It's the fact that there was an edge of rudeness perhaps, or dismissal, or sheer aggravation...maybe you get the point now? I just don't want my kiddos to feel that I feel that way about them, because I don't. Yes, my patience may waver every so often, but that doesn't mean that it's OK to reach a point of disrespect with our words, actions and attitudes. I think we need to find a way to vent and release our frustrations without being disrespectful. That's what I meant. I don't think that's being too hard on myself, I just think one has to bring one's mistakes to light in order to improve upon them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!