Friday, August 6, 2010

Isaac Weaning

I am pretty sure my little boy is weaning. Is it ironic that it's culminating during World Breastfeeding Week?

Over the last few weeks Isaac has been breastfeeding less and less. I offer and offer and keep getting the turn-away. It's so bittersweet. I am happy we've made it to at least a year. But I'm sad because as a mommy, I don't wish for my little ones to wean. I mean yes, eventually they have to wean, but it's not something I am sitting here, impatiently waiting for it to happen, wondering when oh when will it end?.

Now that it's happening I suppose I am seeing the perks. But I am still more sad than happy about it. I think it will take a while to fully sink in.

He is going from baby to big boy too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!