Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Sunny Saturday

Another whirlwind weekend. Today is a bit calmer, which is good because I need it. Yesterday we spent most of the outdoors. I got a "nice" zebra tan on my feet from my sandals. It looks pretty funny. We went to the market, then spent the early afternoon on the waterfront perusing the Busker festival with our friend and his little boy. Maddie and him had fun in a bouncy castle. Then we saw one show: a body contortionist who fit herself into a tiny Plexiglas box. I later saw Maddie trying to stretch and do the weird poses she could do. We did make it home for a nice nap, but then it was back up to my friend Andrea's wedding party (the eloped in March). It was so nice to see her again, it's been a really long time since I have. The garden of her parents' house was beautifully set up. The kiddos enjoyed playing around in the grass and hiding under the food tables. We closed up the day by inviting ourselves over (kind of!) to our good friends' house and Ken and the kiddos went in their pool to cool off.

All in all it was a great day. But (yes, there's a but), I feel like I end up way more exhausted on weekend days than I do on weekdays. There's something about having Ken home that gets the kiddos (and I have to admit me as well) all worked up and wanting to do exciting, not-regular-day things! It's lots of fun and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I am glad that at least some Sundays are relaxing and I have time to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!