Sunday, November 28, 2010

Movie with Maddie

I think I was just as excited, if not more, than Maddie to go see Tangled. I had to wake Maddie up from her nap to go see the afternoon matinee. But she didn't fuss and wasn't cranky. I had packed her a little snack and I gave her a mini tiny ice cream cone in the car on the way there. Yep, this was totally a treat afternoon.

I was particularly excited about how Maddie would experience the movie theatre. Ken and I have been out to movies on several occasions and she always asks what it's like. She has been too a couple of times, but I don't think she truly remembers, so it was really fun for me to see her taking everything in. We met up with my friend and her kiddos at the theatre making it an official little posse in attendance. Maddie and my friend's daughter are good little friends and they greeted each other with enthusiasm.

Soon the movie began. I had told Maddie it might be a bit frightening at times, but all she had to do was cover her eyes and I would tell her when that part was over, or she could come and sit on my lap.

The movie was entertaining from the start. I truly enjoyed it. I enjoyed the Disney take on the Rapunzel story. The story was perfect for little kiddos as well as parents. I won't pretend to be a connoisseur of all things animation, but to me it was fantastic. So realistic and crisp. The music was also well done. There were a few parts that were frightening and Maddie did cover her eyes a couple of times. She even declined her snack {which is an odd thing to happen!} because she was nervous. I have to admit I was a bit nervous too at times...and I even shed a few tears {my friend did too, so we both felt better}. The story really hit my soft spot.

I had lots of fun watching Maddie enjoy the experience. I also didn't mind the million and one questions she asked me throughout the movie. Actually, I often am pleasantly surprised with how I can explain things to her. I think to myself, "wow how did I come up with that?" I guess my mommy brain is well tuned.

All in all spending the afternoon with my little daughter was delightful. And the rumour going around is that she had fun too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!