Monday, February 28, 2011

My New Project

A couple months ago I was contacted by a rep at Chunky Bling, a trendy fashion jewelry online store. He asked if I would be interested in becoming an affiliate and display ads, promote their site, etc...in return for pretty good commission sales. The jewelry is pretty funky and unique and I definitely would wear it. But, I have to be honest and admit that initially I was not interested at all in the money aspect of it. I guess I just never considered my blog as a way to make money for myself, so it felt a bit weird to me.

Well the other day I was sifting through old emails and came across the Chunky Bling email. I must have been in another frame of mind or had some sort of inspiration because I had an idea: I would sign up and instead of keeping the money for myself I would find a charity {or two} to donate the earnings.

Sound good?

I hope so!

Ideally I would like for it to be a local {Canadian} charity, but it doesn't necessarily have to be. I have a couple in mind {one of them is March of Dimes Prematurity Awareness, the other is our local Food Bank-Feed Nova Scotia} that I am going to research a bit more to make sure any money given to them actually goes towards some good. I might also come up with a rotating schedule, of course, this all depends on how much money is actually raised!

And if you have any ideas or suggestions I welcome them gladly!

And in the meantime, please consider clicking on the ads to the left to browse the trendy selection of watches and rings available, cause every purchase counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!