Friday, June 29, 2012

Newness

Every night I go to bed now, I am still shocked that I am here. So much has changed and I have so much to get used to.

The past few days have been a whirlwind of activity. We arrived on Sunday afternoon, the movers arrived on Monday evening and since then we have been cleaning and unpacking and CLEANING! And spending time outside. It rained for a few days, but today was just gorgeous. There is so much food for the soul around here...so many natural spaces and places to explore and replenish in nature. 

I do love it here.

And yet, there is that feeling of being a bit lost. The newness of it all is sometimes daunting. And missing my friends and family and all things familiar makes me homesick.

But this is now my new home and it will take some adjusting.

I don't now what the future holds, but I do know that it will be OK.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you made it through the unpacking and are finding some things to love about your new space. Happy settling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!