Thursday, January 10, 2008

Potty Time

Much to my surprise, we are potty training! I didn't think we'd be doing this at this point, but we are and it's great! About a couple weeks before Christmas I noticed that Maddie's diaper was dry after her naps, so I started putting her on the toilet and she started to pee. So, we bought an insert to put on the toilet seat with Dora on it and she took to it right away. While we were away visiting family over Christmas, she did so well telling us when she wanted to pee and poo, it was amazing! Since then she's been getting better and better and even holding it if she has to go and we aren't near a toilet. Today we were out for dinner and she said "Pee pee" I asked, "Do you have to go pee pee?" And she nodded. So today was the first time she went in a public bathroom! I held on to her so no part of her touched anything, and even in that awkward positiong she still peed! So, we are on to another phase of development and parenting. I am so very proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!