Saturday, January 12, 2008

Will she ever want to sleep?

Oh my god! I am going insane! Bedtime has become a bit of a nightmare these days and Maddie is once again waking up a few times during the night. We are 99.9% sure her resistance to falling asleep is completely behavioural, a manipulation of sorts, trying to get us to stay with her. She goes through her repertoire of things she knows will make us stay there. She says, "Pee-pee", "Stories", "No cama" (Cama=bed in spanish). Alas, after trying to get her to calm down for nearly a half hour or more, I end up giving up and calling in the Daddy reinforcements. She tries to pull her stunts with Daddy, but apparently she feels he is more firm and doesn't go as far as she goes with me. Sigh...I miss my good little sleeper. I've been reading that it's common for kiddos to go through sleep issues around 18-19 months, so I am hoping it's only a phase. Yet another phase in her early little life. I take comfort in the fact that looking back all those times that I was ready to curl up in a ball and give up, it did end up getting better. So I am pretty sure it will get better in this case too. In the meantime, as I wait for "The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers" to arrive (I ordered it last week as I really found her first book on sleep extremely helpful). I will keep my fingers crossed. Fingers crossed. I need sleep. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!