Monday, August 3, 2009

Sleep...or lack thereof...

I don't know why but I'm obsessed with sleep and how to get it. It's like a much desired and needed drug to me. With Maddie I was way more sleep deprived than I am now. That says a lot about Isaac's sleep, but still I find myself so tired. Which is normal, but....but...I still wish Isaac would sleep a bit better. He hates his bassinet (not surprised about that, Maddie did too), so he is sleeping in our bed. I love this but he is so loud in his sleep (grunts, groans, whimpers...) that I find it hard to sleep. I know it won't last long and that soon he'll be in his own bed, so I am trying to enjoy it. Also, he is very easily startled so even if he is fast asleep he can wake himself right up (drives me nuts!!!!), but he hates to be swaddled, so can't win that one! And, he is such a gassy little guy that his tummy causes him trouble sometimes. At least he can let the air out, but still he gets uncomfy, usually at night so our sleep is interrupted. I remember all too well how quickly and easily things change, so who knows it might change for the better soon. Then it will be good for a while and then all change again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!