Friday, June 3, 2011

De-funked

Blowing Bubbles Action Shot!
I am feeling so much better! I reminded myself that happiness is a state you choose to be in and have to work at maintaining, it doesn't just fall on your lap. It's all about attitude. I may not be able to control the situation, but I can sure control how I react and deal with it.

I'm still not sleeping all that great, but I have added a few extra pillows to my nighttime arrangement and it seems to have helped. The kiddos are again sleeping through the night, though they have been waking awfully early (well, for my liking!). I think Maddie's going through a growth spurt because she woke up asking to eat in the wee hours of the night a few days in a row. And I think Isaac has allergies, the poor little guy wakes up quite stuffy and has a drippy nose during the day. Takes after his Daddy on that one.

We put up a bird feeder last weekend and the kiddos (and I must admit Ken and I too!) have been enjoying watching the birds discover it and come and eat from it. Then yesterday a pair of Bluejays discovered it and began making their nest in one of the huge pine trees in our backyard. Guess they figured it was too good to pass up! But I think they are now protecting the bird feeder and the other little birdies don't get a chance! We watched today how they chased away a pair of Robins. Guess we'll see how the drama plays out!

I'm so happy it's Friday! I look forward to doing some fun stuff all together this weekend, now lets hope the weather decides to cooperate and bring some sun our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!