Monday, March 5, 2012

A Million Pieces of Glass

I usually get along with Mondays. Usually.

Today, started off pleasant enough. I had Mom and Baby yoga, which Elsa and I enjoyed a lot. And I think I even had a baby whisperer moment! One of the other babies was crying and crying. I could hear in the cry that the baby was hungry. I approached the mama and said, "Have you ever heard of Dunstant Baby Language?" She shook her head. I then said {and I might add I was nervous because I didn't want to make her feel bad!}, "Little ___ is making the sound for hunger." She ran out to the car to get the baby's bottle and sure enough the baby was so happy and gulped it down. I was relieved I wasn't wrong! And I was even more happy that the mama was grateful.

Anyways, the feel good moment didn't last long. 

I got home and Isaac was tired and hungry. He wanted to help me prepare lunch, which was fine, but he wasn't listening to me and he dropped a heavy glass jar on the top (roof, shelf?) of the crisper...and BAM!

In one second there was a million glass pieces all over the floor and all inside the crisper, all over the food.

This is not the first glass incident at the hands of Isaac. Again, Isaac did not get any cuts.

I on the other hand did. A couple nicks on my feet.

I swept and vacuumed all the glass off the floor, fed him lunch and put him to bed. I also had a nap.

After everyone was rested I tackled the crisper drawer cleanup. It took forever there was so much glass. And I noticed that my fridge was not so very clean, so I cleaned it too. Perhaps this was the Universe's way of telling me to clean it up!

Oh and to bookend this crazy day, just as I was about to finish up with the clean-up, the entire bag of compost fell over onto the clean floor. Exasperated I said, "Ugggg why is all this happening!? I just can't get a break!" Maddie ran off and drew me a picture to make me happy. She is the sweetest.

All in all it's not so bad. Moments like this are the ones we'll remember when we look back at these {crazy, busy}days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you stopped by!